Monday, January 26, 2015

It was honestly one of the greatest weeks of my mission thus far ~ Lexington Week 4 ~ Mission Week 29

Hello everyone!

It has been a fantastic week this week! It was my first week with just Hermana Arnoldsen. It was honestly one of the greatest weeks of my mission thus far! It has been awesome to have a companion that is close to my same age in the mission. I was really scared at first, because I was afraid that our Spanish wasn't going to cut it, but it has actually been great and we both know a lot more than we thought we did! In addition, our lessons truly are guided by the spirit because we don't know perfect Spanish. It is literally the Lord and us. Because of it we have had the some of the most incredible lessons. I have never had this much fun or enjoyed teaching lessons as much as a I do now. We teach really well together because the spirit has to constantly be with us so we can understand and speak Spanish the best we can. It also doesn't hurt that my Spanish is finally getting to a point where I can say what I want to say while still being guided by the spirit. It's just starting to take off! I still have days of frustration with it, but definitely not as much as I used to!

We have some solid investigators right now!

We are teaching Felipe, who is our ward mission leader's brother. We always have a good time teaching him and he has been to church these past four weeks.

In addition, we are still teaching Renee! I could go on and on about her! I just love her. She is literally one of the most prepared and intelligent people I have ever met. She fascinates me. I love talking to her. She makes me a better person. We had the most amazing lesson about the plan of salvation... she basically taught us the entire thing:) She has so much knowledge of the gospel and understands exactly what we need to do para que regrese a nuestro padre celestial. it truly is awesome! It is so fun to teach someone with so much religious knowledge but also with so much secular intelligence. I learn something from her every time I teach her. although she has her reservations, she is willing to entertain new ideas.

In addition, we are also teaching Rey who is the cousin of a recent convert in my area, Solomon. He is also awesome! He has no religious background whatsoever. It has been really interesting teaching him because he is very willing to listen and take in what we tell him. It is like teaching a child. It has helped us as teachers to simplify everything we teach him so that he understands and gets to know our savior. He wants to learn and it has been awesome to see the little light bulbs in his head go off when we explain a principle to him. He had never prayed before until we started teaching him and in our second lesson he volunteered to say the opening prayer! He is a solid man!

that's it for this week!

Hermana Failner

No comments:

Post a Comment