Monday, December 29, 2014

Being a missionary during holidays is the best ~ Fairdale Week 15 ~ Mission Week 25

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you all had a great Christmas :) I really, really enjoyed mine. Being a missionary during holidays is the best! You literally only think about serving other people. I wasn't focused on anything material and solely just wanted to serve my Savior. It has definitely been one of my favorites. We were able to go to a member's home, the Thorns, for the whole day with the other missionaries. It was so fun to play games and to eat food all day :) I wish I could be a missionary every Christmas! It really has made me realize all that I have to be grateful for.

This week has been good! I don't have a lot of time to email this week, so I will be short. The highlights of my week have been serving my savior and bringing people closer to Christ. It really is that simple. We have been teaching Flor, and were able to teach her whole family with a Hispanic member named Juana! She is absolutely amazing. On Saturdays she takes us to appointments and we do visiting teaching and visit less actives with her. It has been so amazing! She truly is incredible. She is a single Mom, works so hard, and has every excuse to not do her visiting teaching or go to church, and she does it, and gives it 100 percent. She really has taught me so much. She literally only thinks of others, and it has meant the world to me.

In addition, we have been teaching Cira, an investigator that we had lost contact with. An absolute miracle happened with her! Hmna Barajas and I both felt prompted that we should teach her the Word of Wisdom instead of teaching lesson 3, which focuses on baptism. Cira struggles with the idea of baptism because of her catholic background, but she still reads the book of Mormon and has a testimony of it. We taught her the word of wisdom and had the most amazing lesson! She agreed to completely live it, and has even stopped drinking coffee every day! She absolutely loves it! In addition, she now wants us to start teaching her husband as well. It was so inspired! God truly does inspire us to know what we need to teach people!

Anyway, have a good week! Merry late Christmas!

Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment