Monday, December 8, 2014

In that moment I truly felt the love that God had for Judith ~ Fairdale Week 12 ~ Mission Week 22

I don't have a ton of time this week, so sorry for the shortness.

We had a really good week this week! We worked hard and saw some miracles. The highlight of my week was having a lesson with an investigator Judith. She has been going through a really hard time and I have known her over my last two transfers here. She was really hard to get ahold of, but we felt like we still needed to try her. Now we have been able to start officially teaching her! We had an incredible lesson that really alleviated a lot of the worries that I have encountered being a Spanish speaking missionary. We took an English member out with us. In the past, the language barrier between everyone can be hard to navigate, but we decided to try something different. Before each of the lessons we had that night we prayed specifically with the member and that we all could find a way to communicate and bring the spirit in the lesson. It made all of the difference! Somehow we were all able to understand each other and we had some of the most powerful lessons I have ever had. With Judith we watched the Restoration video and asked her questions about it. We found out that she truly believes that God does not love her and that she is alone. We were all able to help her. The spirit was so incredibly strong. One of the most amazing parts of being a missionary is that I have never felt God's love for others as  much as I have. In that moment I truly felt the love that God had for Judith. It was overwhelming how much love and peace I felt. It brought all of us to tears. Moments like these are the reason why I keep going. Missionary work is extremely difficult, but the tender, sweet moments we have make it all worth it.

Love you all!
Hermana Failner

No comments:

Post a Comment