Monday, March 30, 2015

Rey was baptized and confirmed this week. I can't describe the joy and happiness I feel. I'm so grateful for his testimony ~ Mission week 35 ~ Lexington week 13





Hey everyone!! This week was absolutely incredible. Rey has now been baptized and confirmed. The amount of joy I felt during his baptism and confirmation is unlike anything I have experienced before. I would re-live every difficult moment I have had on my mission and in my life just to see the smile on his face when he was in the baptismal font getting baptized. It is unlike anything I can even describe. He was so ready and so incredibly prepared. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to teach him. Rey has changed my life and has taught me so much. It was by far one of the happiest days of my life. I still don't think it has sunk in yet. I can't believe he is baptized! The baptism was amazing and we had a great turn out and support from the ward. The talks at his baptism were so touching. His cousin, Salmon, who was baptized back in December, gave such a touching testimony about Rey and how grateful he is for him to come to this gospel. He said that he would always tell Rey that this gospel is the only path to live with our Heavenly Father again. Everyone just loves him and can remember when they first met him. He is going to do some amazing things in this church. At the end, he was able to share his testimony. It was the most incredible and powerful testimony. He said that when we first came to teach him he literally didn't know anything about Jesus Christ or God, but that he has learned so much and wants to continue to learn and grow. He said that it has brought him so much joy and happiness, and that he is truly happy. He also testified of the Book of Mormon, and how he knows that it is true. It was very simple, but so powerful. I know that he knows that it all is true. I can't describe how much joy that brought me, to hear him testify of the Book of Mormon and of this church and to truly know it. The confirmation was also incredible. It really talked about how choice and precious of a person he is and was in the sight of God. And that he would raise his family in the gospel. Heavenly Father loves Rey so much, and I really felt the love that he had for him during his confirmation. He is so special. Rey has changed my life. I am so grateful for his example and testimony. He has taught me what it really means to give yourself completely to Lord, to serve, and to have true and everlasting happiness. That is what this gospel is all about. It is a gospel of hope and joy. I am so grateful that Rey has found that.

 Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment