Monday, March 16, 2015

I love my companion Hermana Imlay, we have seen many miracles! Rey bore a powerful testimony, he's changed my life ~ Mission week 34~ Lexington week 11

Hello everyone! This week has been a fantastic week! Training has been a blast and Hermana Imlay and I have seen so many miracles. She is so willing to work hard, and I just love being with her! She is truly amazing. The two people that we found last week with our car incidents we are both consistently teaching now and it has been great! They are doing really well and we have had some great lessons with them. The highlight of my week has been a lesson that we had with Rey a couple days ago. He is truly incredible. He will be getting baptized in two weeks, and we are already making plans for it. He is so excited and I truly believe that he is ready to make this next step. During our lesson with him, we talked about what a testimony was, and, without any invitation, Rey bore his testimony to us. It was one of the most incredible moments of my mission. He said that he may not know everything, or understand everything, but that he knew that the Book of Mormon was true. He also said that he has never had or experienced happiness in his entire life, and that this gospel and the Book of Mormon is the solution, that he has been able to find true happiness in life, something he has never before felt. Rey has seriously changed my life. When I met him he didn't even know who Jesus Christ was, and now he is testifying of him. Rey truly has taught me so much; that through this gospel, we can find true and ultimate happiness. That we don't need to fully understand everything, but that a testimony of the Book of Mormon and recognizing the spirit is sufficient, and that all the other doctrines will fall into place. It was something I personally really needed to hear this week. I have cried happy tears for the first time on my mission because of Rey. I know I was meant to meet him for a reason, and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to be the mouthpiece to bring him the gospel. Because of Rey, I have been pushed to limits and capabilities as a missionary that I didn't even know I had. Because of him and the spirit, I have never been able to teach quite like this, speak Spanish or explain things quite like I can to him. The spirit is truly amazing. I can't wait to see where Rey goes from here. This is only the beginning. I can't describe the happiness I feel for him.

 Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment