Monday, April 13, 2015

A seed was planted ~ Mission week 37 ~ Lexington week 15

Hello everyone!

This week has been quite interesting. We have been in the finding stages without a lot of luck. However, I know that Heavenly Father has prepared hispanic people for us here to teach. It will all happen in his own due time.

Lately this week we have been mostly talking with English people and giving a bunch of referrals. I'm not sure where all of the hispanics went! But we have had some really cool experiences. We ran into a woman named Laura, who is going through cancer and chemo. She told us how grateful she was that we came and talked to her and that she really needed it. I know we were placed in her path for a reason, and she really made my day.

In addition, we were knocking some apartments, and this lady answered. She didn't seem interested and was about to shut the door, but we asked if we could offer a prayer with her. She reluctantly agreed. As I was offering the prayer, I really felt inspired about what I should say... in fact I don't even remember what I said in it. After the prayer she looked at us for a while and then hugged us. She told us that she wasn't interested in our message but to keep doing what we were doing, and that the prayer was exactly what she needed. It was an interesting experience. At least the seed was planted.

Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment