Monday, May 4, 2015

I have learned that we literally are nothing, and that God and the spirit does all of the work ~ Mission week 40 ~ Lexington week 18

Hello everyone!

This week was seriously so incredible and filled with miracles. We have been working so hard and have been so blessed for it.

Francisco is still doing amazing!! He came to church this Sunday and loved it. Sometimes I question if he is even a real person and if this is all really happening... he is so ridiculously prepared! We taught him the Word of Wisdom yesterday, and told him that he couldn't drink coffee anymore. His response was "oh, I just won't drink it tomorrow morning then." It was that simple. Everything makes so much logical sense to him. When we asked him why he thought it was important to know that the Book of Mormon was true, his response was "I would imagine that by knowing the Book of Mormon is true, that I will really know that the first vision happened, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet." Afterwards, we told him that he could also know that this was the restored church of Jesus Christ. He responded "But I already know that this is the true and restored church, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God!" He seriously is so prepared. We literally don't have to do anything. He just knows and he just gets it. It is all the spirit. We are literally just there and just the mouthpieces. I have learned that we literally are nothing, and that God and the spirit does all of the work. He blesses us when we are prepared, but takes it over from there.

The other miracle we had this week was with another adorable woman! This was probably one of the most touching and spirit guided lessons I have ever had on my mission. It is all the spirit and never is us. We were working in our normal area, but both felt very impressed to go to a different area that wouldn't be very miles efficient and because of construction, usually takes about 20-30 extra minutes to get there. We decided to go anyway and I am so glad we did! We knocked on a door that some English people had told us was a hispanic, and Lisa answered.We introduced ourselves, explained a little bit about our message, and asked if we could come in. She instantly invited us in and we were able to teach her the restoration in about 20 minutes! It was the most effortless, easiest, most spiritual restoration lesson I have ever taught. When we invited her to be baptized she instantly accepted and told us "Absolutely yes!" She also immediately accepted a baptismal date. After wards, I had no idea why, I told her that she was a fighter, and Hermana Imlay followed by telling her that she was a survivor. After hearing these words, she started to sob. She said "it's so ironic that you use those exact words, I just left an abusive relationship, and this is exactly what I needed to hear." It was one of the most incredible, tender moments. She is so prepared and is so ready. After the lesson, Hermana Imlay and I were talking about everything that had happened. She told me that she had wanted to use the word fighter, and after she had thought that, I had said it. But that the word survivor just came out of her mouth without her even realizing it. This work is never us. The spirit, Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ are always behind it and lead us to the people that really need it. I really needed this this week.

Con amor,
Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment