Monday, November 10, 2014

I have learned to not be afraid and to truly act on the promptings of the spirit ~ Fairdale Week 8 ~ Mission Week 18

Hello everyone!!

This has been one of the craziest, most bizarre weeks of my mission thus far. I don't even know where to begin. I'll talk about investigators first.

Cesar is doing great! He wants to start another addiction recovery program and we are getting that started with him this week. He is doing amazing! He came to church and went to the fireside we had that night as well. His ability to understand the scriptures and to apply them in his life really amazes me. The ward has also been incredible about fellowshipping him. I have so much hope for him! It's exciting to see the growth that he has every day!

Next is Eva! She is amazing. She had been taught by the missionaries before, and we found out that she was all the way in Alma! We had such an amazing, spirit driven lesson with her. It truly was one of the first times I felt completely in tune with the spirit and did exactly what it told me to, even if it was a little crazy. The impressions I got during the lesson I really questioned, but I decided to act on them. I'm so glad I did. She has a baptismal date now and is doing well. it was really amazing because after Hermana Barrajas and I came out of the lesson she told me that things I said and the direction I took the lesson were the exact thoughts and impressions she had! It was such a cool experience. I have learned to not be afraid and to truly act on the promptings of the spirit. Every day I am learning more and more of how to discern the promptings of the spirit.

Lastly, Saturday was the craziest day. I don't even know where to begin. We got a call from the APs saying that they were going to take our car. They broke news using the story of Job and how all of his property was taken... and yet he still was faithful. They then announced to us that they would be taking the car in the next hour. So, our car was taken and moved to another area that needs it more right now. it was sad. And it's winter. And freezing. Haha. The joys of missionary work. Next, we had an appointment in a place where we can't ride our bikes to because of the gravel. We called our appointment to see if he would be there and he said he was there with his whole family waiting. The ride we had with a member fell through. So... we walked the 5 miles to our appointment. Once we got out there, he told us that he had to leave to get medicine for his daughter. After our long trek, we decided to work in another trailer park. In this trailer park I was bitten by another dog. yes, another dog. Even with my boots and leggings it bit the skin that was out of my boot. Luckily the leggings did protect it and the bite is just red and bruised. Luckily this time there was no broken skin and no ER visit! I have no idea how we would have gotten there since our car was taken. Later, as we went to another trailer park, a car stopped us and told us that there was a coyote about 20 feet away from us and that we needed to turn around and run. 10 long miles later, we still here and alive. It was a crazy day!

In addition, in this past week, we were also informed that Hermana Barrajas and I would be trying out something that the mission is thinking of implementing in other Spanish areas. Now, in the area we are in, any English people we come in contact with we are permitted to teach and no longer send English referrals. So now we are teaching both English and Spanish people. It has been an interesting change and has made us a lot busier. I have also realized how rusty my English has become! It is so much harder for me to teach in English than Spanish. But we have faith and have found some great people. It is a crazy change, but Hermana Barrajas and I are ready for just about everything after the week we've had.

Nos vemos!

Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment