Monday, November 3, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit me ~ Fairdale Week 7 ~ Mission Week 17

Hello everyone!!

Wow, lots of changes have happened this week! La Hermana Wilbur se fue! My companion was transferred and now I have new one, Hermana Barrajas!! She is awesome! She is a native from Mexico, but she has been living in Brooklyn. Seriously, her Spanish is so awesome. I could listen to her talk all day! She is really helping me with Spanish, especially with my terrible accent. I'm hoping she'll rub off on me :) We have lots of fun together and have been working so hard! We have so many ideas for the area that we are in and I can't wait to see how it will grow. Our area is tiny and it's looking like expanding is going to be possible now! We can't wait to see what happens.

I was so nervous about leading an area, but believe it or not, it has actually been great! Everything just continues to function and we have seen so many miracles. We have prayed so much for inspiration and have been doing a lot of finding in some different apartment complexes and neighborhoods that I haven't been to a ton. It's been awesome to see!

In addition, probably one of the biggest highlights of my week was Cesar. He has been doing so well and is now calling us again every night again. He tells us about his reading in the Book of Mormon and applies it to his life. He has a desire to come to church again and we even got him to Stake Conference! It was so perfect for him and he said it was exactly what he needed to hear. In addition, we had the most amazing lesson with him on Saturday about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how he can live his life and overcome his addictions. We have always wanted Cesar to get into the 15 step program, but he has always said no and that he wanted to overcome his addictions on his own. Now, he has officially accepted to do the program and says that he truly has the desire to change! It's amazing to see. The ward has also been so incredible in fellowshipping him. Cesar is doing so amazing right now and I am so relieved that we haven't lost him. He is going to do amazing things. He has strengthened my testimony so much and always makes me want to teach by the spirit and teach my investigators what God wants them to hear. I don't know what the people's needs are that we teach, but God always does. I have really learned that while being out here.

Random thing of the week: Guess who is the designated driver now?! Me!!! Haha. It's been great to drive :) Hermana Barrajas is a little scared of me and my driving, but it's been a fun adventure :)

One last thing I forgot that I will add pictures for this next week:

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit me! We got to go out to ice cream and just talk! It was such a fun surprise and so great to see them! Transfer days are so crazy and ice cream was just what we needed :) I got to show them around the apartment and my area. It was so great to see family!! :)

Hasta la proxima semana! Les quero mucho!

Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment