Monday, November 24, 2014

I am finally starting to feel that my Spanish is no longer as a big of a language barrier ~ Fairdale Week 10 ~ Mission Week 20

Hello everyone!!

This email is going to be very brief this week, I have been really sick and I really just want to sleep. I have had a fever for the past four days, my voice has been completely gone, and I have a sinus infection. Being sick as a missionary is awful! But we have seen some blessings this week for sure!

The highlight of my week was finding a new family to teach. There names are Marisela and Mario! I contacted Mario on an exchange and it was really, really powerful. They seem to be very prepared for the gospel. We taught them the restoration and it was really powerful! Marisela, who is catholic, asked a question about why little infants need to be baptized and that she really felt like they shouldn't. It was such a perfect question to ask! Were able to use Moroni 8 to show her that her kids don't need to be baptized until they are 8. This is usually one of the hardest concepts for us to teach and explain to catholics, and it made complete and total sense to her! It was an amazing experience. This lesson was also the first time I truly felt that I could express myself and use the exact words I wanted  to in Spanish. I didn't feel like a robot, and am finally starting to feel that my Spanish is no longer as a big of a language barrier. I can't wait for it to continually improve!

Until next week.

Hermana Failner

No comments:

Post a Comment