Monday, September 29, 2014

The spirit I felt in that moment was so overwhelming ~ Fairdale Week 2 ~ Mission Week 12

Hello everyone!!

It's been another crazy week here in Kentucky! It's been fun getting to know the area and getting to know the people that we are working with. I'm trying to prepare myself to lead an area in about 4 weeks which will be scary, but somehow the Lord will carry me through! Hermana Wilbur has been so great and has taught me so much. The chances of her staying in this area are extremely slim, and so we are preparing so I will be ready to lead it in a month. There is a lot to do and a lot to prepare for. I'm hoping my directional skills will continue to improve... haha.

We had a great week. Cesar is doing amazing. He has a baptismal date for Oct. 25, and he should be keeping it! Our mission president and our bishop are very on board with helping him to be baptized. Their support has been amazing. We just hope that Cesar continues to use the atonement in his life so he can overcome the Word of Wisdom issues that he has. We had an incredible lesson with him yesterday with the bishop there. We centered it all completely around the atonement and how he can use it to overcome the trials that he has. It was such an amazing lesson. The spirit was strong. At the end, Cesar asked for a blessing. It was so incredible. It said that Cesar would one day receive the priesthood and that he would bring thousands of people to the gospel. The spirit I felt in that moment was so overwhelming. We were all crying, including Cesar. It was such an amazing moment. It has given us the push we need to continue to help Cesar, and to never give up on him. He can do this. We know he will be ready. One thing that was said that really impacted me was to never forget the Savior, because he never forgets you. I have learned so much about the atonement on my mission. It has been an incredible process.

There are so many miracles that have happened this week, but I don't have much time to write them all. Entonces, nos vemos! Les quero mucho!

Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment