Monday, September 22, 2014

I can say that I gave my last area and my investigators EVERYTHING I had ~ Fairdale Week 1 ~ Mission Week 11

Hello everyone!

I am officially in my new area! I love it here. It has been wonderful!! It was so hard to leave Hurstbourne, but I couldn't ask to be in a better area now! I also LOVE my companion Hermana Wilbur. She is amazing! We get along so well, and we teach well together. We both feel like we've known each other for years. I literally just came in and we were able to work effectively and easily together. I love her because she doesn't put the "greenie" label on me. I feel like as a companionship we are equally yoked. She values my input, and I value hers as well. We just work so well together. Things just flow. It has been wonderful. She is the perfect companion for me. I really, really needed her.

Last week was hard to leave my investigators, especially Arturro. He is our most progressing investigator and has been going to church. The last lesson I had with him was very emotional and sad, but so incredibly spiritual. He told me that I teach from the heart and that when I speak he feels like it is exactly what God wants him to know in the moments he needs it. It meant the world to me. I gave that area and my investigators everything I had, and hearing that from him made me feel like I was doing my job as a missionary. The goal is to teach through the spirit and to tell our investigators what God wants them to know. It was an incredible experience. When he found out I was leaving he was almost in tears, and of course, I was crying. But it was an amazing moment. I can say that I gave my last area and my investigators EVERYTHING I had.

Next, in my new area Fairdale, we have an awesome progressing investigator whom I have grown to love already! His name is Cesar and he has the cutest little son named Oliver. Cesar is so incredibly strong, he goes to church every week, and he calls us every night to tell us what he has been reading in the Book of Mormon. The only set back he has is the word of wisdom. So we are really trying to help him overcome that. It has been an incredible experience to teach him and to get to know him. He was so welcoming towards me and is so kind about my Spanish. We feel that he will progress more as he continually gains a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I have really learned on my mission that the Book of Mormon and praying about it is the key to everything. If that is true, everything else makes sense. That foundation is so essential, and is the only way an investigator can be truly converted.

I am grateful to be serving in the great area of Fairdale! Exciting things are happening here and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Nos Vemos!
Hermana Failner


No comments:

Post a Comment